|Location: Cold Lake, AB
|Posted Date: 6/14/2013
|Type of Assignment:Length of Assignment
Until March 31, 2014 with the possibility of extension optionsJob Description:
Calian proudly employs over 500 civilian healthcare professionals at over 30 locations across Canada. More than 250 of these professionals are Physicians. Calian's positions offer physicians a unique opportunity to work with Canadian Forces members without having to become military members themselves. Job Description:
Calian is currently seeking a full-time Physician for an opportunity at the Canadian Forces Base (CFB) in Cold Lake, Alberta. As an essential member of the Primary Care Team at Cold Lake, you will provide occupational health and primary healthcare services to Military members; promote health, treatment, diagnosis and prevention of diseases and injuries; provide rehabilitation and support services. Additionally you will provide comprehensive health assessments, education and treatment for Military personnel during pre and post deployment. Mandatory Qualifications:
Calian Physicians often comment on the rewards of serving and helping Canadian Forces Members. Advantages unique to working as a physician with Calian include:
- Generous allotment of time for each patient
- Quality care without pressure of increased patients load
- Private practice feeling, without rising overhead costs and management challenges
- Motivated and disciplined patients with a strong desire to follow protocols and get well
- On-site support services such as pharmacies, laboratories, diagnostics and physiotherapy
- Environment where no one is left untreated and patient wait time is minimal.
Working as a civilian general practitioner at CFB Cold Lake means adventure. You can enjoy clinic hours, Monday to Friday, 7:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Free evenings and weekends allow you to spend time with your family and friends, or explore the many recreational activities that Cold Lake offers. It means rushing home on Friday evening to start your weekend while enjoying generous compensation in a city only hours away from world renowned fishing, and summer sports activities, and the rugged beauty of Central Alberta. It means being part of 4 Wing, home of the fighter pilot and Exercise Maple Flag, a six week international air combat exercise held annually in the spring. With affordable housing, low crime rates and a wholesome community spirit, Cold Lake is an ideal place to call home and to raise your family.
Come join a team of over 500 healthcare professionals who have chosen to work with Calian. Work in partnership with the military and collaborate with a strong multi-disciplinary team at CFB Cold Lake. Take this opportunity to work with an exceptional population, within a well equipped clinic, and maintain the work-life balance you deserve.
· Currently licensed and in good standing with a College of Physicians and Surgeons within a Canadian province.
· Eligible for licensure and prepared to pursue licensure within the province of Alberta